The production of the Smaart I-O was discontinued in September 2017.
The Smaart I-O is a measurement-grade 2×2 USB audio interface designed and built specifically for use with Smaart Measurement Software. The I-O features two high-quality, active balanced inputs with 50 dB of computer adjustable gain in precision 1 dB steps. These input gains are monitored directly by Smaart allowing the user to retain accurate SPL calibration while varying measurement signal input levels. As a class-compliant USB audio device, the Smaart I-O uses the operating system’s built-in audio I/O drivers to communicate with Smaart and other audio-related programs.
The inputs employ a Neutrik combo jack (XLR / ¼”) to accommodate both mic and line level input signals, each with switchable 48V phantom power on the XLR inputs for measurement mics and a 20 dB pad on the ¼” to accommodate line level signals. The Smaart I-O also features two active balanced XLR outputs capable of providing +8.2 dBu (2 Vrms) max level signal for playback or excitation sources.
Powered by the USB port of your computer (or via the optional 5 VDC jack), the Smaart I-O provides a compact and portable measurement-quality input for your Smaart rig.
Smaart I-O Features:
- Two (2) Neutrik XLR – ¼“ combo jack inputs:
- Computer controllable 50 dB analog gain in precision 1 dB steps
- Max input (at minimum gain): +6 dBu (XLR), +26 dBu (¼ ”)
- Active balanced with 2k ohm impedance (XLR), 65k ohm (¼ ”)
- Two (2) Active Balanced XLR Outputs
- 150 Ohm impedance
- Max Output : +8.2 dBu (2.0 V rms) w/ 100k ohm load
- Frequency Response
- Magnitude : 16 Hz – 20 kHz, +/- .25 dB
- Phase: 16 Hz – 20 kHz, +/- 10 deg
- Sample rate clocks of multiple I-O’s can be linked to allow for device aggregation in Smaart’s dual-channel measurements.
- Bus powering via USB for convenient, single-cable connection to the computer.
- Optional 5 VDC jack in cases of insufficient USB power
- Dimensions: 1.75” (h) x 7.25” (w) x 4.25” (d)